Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Life is too short for nothing



A former stake president, Guy B. Beacom once said, “ If you have something to make someone's day, say it.”

Why are we so caught up in our own lives, our own hustle and bustle, that we don't stop to say hello?



Why do we love to feel the kindness directed toward us, and we can't direct it toward another? I'm guilty, and so are you. We've all known someone that needed help, or maybe they do right now. Yet, we can't seem to find the time, the means, or the way to do anything about it. There must be a conscience effort to change, and then willingness to actually follow up on your own commitment.

A couple years ago I was driving home from work. My uniform at work was a suit, and so with that I am about as cautious with my suit jackets as a girl may be with her shoes. I was coming up to the next stop light when I noticed an unreasonable amount of traffic for 10:00 at night. As I got closer I saw that a man's car had broken down and every car was merging to the next lane to go around him. I was about to join this band wagon when I conscientiously told myself to stop and do something. I stopped in the middle of the road, and helped to push the man's car out the road and down a few blocks.

Why am I telling you this story? Because people need you. They need me. Sometimes it takes 2 minutes, other times it will take 2 days. The point is, if you have something to make someone's day, say it. Trust me, you'll bring a change to yourself that you never thought you wanted.

3 comments:

  1. One day you need to publish a book of all your blogs-they are so inspiring!Love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for always saying exactly what I need to hear. You're my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so in tune, Ryan. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete