Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Your personal dragon


The Manti pageant? Cheesy and way expensive for a 32 oz cream soda, but the company was good and it set my mind into a "what is God trying to teach me?" mode.

I went to see the movie, "How to train your Dragon". Not in 3D just the classic way we use to watch it...you know, way back in 2008?

As I was watching this movie I thought about a few things:

  1. We're all broken in some way or another.
  2. We all need someone else to fix us, we can't do it alone.
  3. We all need to be accepting of others who might have a few more "broken" things about them then we do...though, reality is, we're most likely just as broke.
These last few days of different activities have opened my mind to the fact that life is not only about learning how to serve others, it is about allowing others to "fix" you; through their kindness, through their honesty, and maybe sometimes through the criticism, they can fix you. They can help you fly, they can help you reach your potential. Of course, we need to do our part to strive our hardest to fly, but at times it takes another to help us reach for new sky.

The problem is, we all have our own personal dragon to train. The dragon of pride. Once we take away that hostility, we become more willing to fly. When we're more willing to fly, we're free.

I just hope I can keep learning how to "Train my Dragon".

Without the 3D glasses please.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love that movie! And I love your analysis of it. Your insights remind me of this quote:

    “We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” -e.e. cummings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving reading your posts. They inspire me every day. Have you considered becoming a motivational speaker :)
    You're the best!

    ReplyDelete